People for People, a Non-Profit organization, is looking for a Full Time dynamic career development counselor to help non-custodial parents gain the skills necessary to enter living wage jobs. The counselor will also work to engage the whole family in a coordinated way to create positive intergenerational impact.. The position will service Yakima County. Please select this link for a complete job description and application instructions.
Summary: Provides case management and career development services to non-custodial parents as part of the WIOA Intergenerational Poverty Pilot Project. This position utilizes a holistic approach addressing career goals, services needed to reach those goals and mentoring and follow up to ensure that participants gain the skills they need to attain living wage jobs. As part of the project the Counselor will work to identify and engage household members providing benefits and services in a coordinated way to create positive, whole family intergenerational impact.
· BA in Social Services, Education or related field.
· Combination of education and/or significant related experience may substitute for education requirement.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
· Computer proficiency required.
· Frequent travel to different work sites required.
· Employment is contingent upon successfully completing and passing a pre-employment drug screen, a Washington State criminal history background check and/or National Background Check, Reference Checks, a Credit History Check and other required documents.
Salary: DOQ plus comprehensive benefits package.
· 12 Paid holidays
· 2 Weeks paid vacation annually
· Paid Sick Leave
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Health Savings Account (HSA)
· Flexible Savings Arrangement (FSA)
· Employer paid Group Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance Wellness Programs
· 401(K) Savings Plan with Employer Matching Contribution and Annual Base Contribution
· Tuition Reimbursement Program
· 80 Hours Paid Jury Duty Leave
· Paid Bereavement Leave
Please apply on our website at www.pfp.org. To be considered for this position, you must apply on our website and include all of the following documents: Cover Letter, Resume and a People for People Application. Only complete application packets will be considered.
Position will close April 1, 2019
People For People is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, creed, national origin, disability, sex, marital status, age, or any other protected status covered by the federal or state law. Please let People For People know if you need of a reasonable accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job or to participate in the application process.
People For People
304 West Lincoln Avenue
Yakima, WA 98902