People for People is looking for a full time Career Development Counselor / Business Outreach working from our Stevenson, WA office. Preferred candidate will have a strong desire to contribute to our mission to strengthen communities, empower people and improve lives. These positions utilize a holistic approach addressing career goals, services needed to reach those goals, mentoring and follow up to ensure that participants attain and sustain financial self-sufficiency. Please select this link for a complete job description and job requirements.
The Career Development Counselor provides case management services to eligible low income adults and dislocated workers. This position utilizes a holistic approach addressing career goals, services needed to reach those goals, mentoring, business outreach and follow up to ensure that participants gain the necessary skills and opportunities to attain and sustain financial self-sufficiency.
Starting Wage: $19.67/hour, DOE plus a comprehensive benefits package.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Social Work, Education or related field; and/or equivalent combination of education/significant experience in community, human, social services or related field.
· Microsoft Office proficient.
· Employment is contingent upon successfully completing and passing a Pre-employment Drug Screen and a Washington State Patrol Background Check and/or National Background Check, Reference Checks and other required documents.
· Personal vehicle required to attend meetings/seminars in other locations and for pickup and delivery of miscellaneous documents.
· 12 Paid holidays
· 2 Weeks paid vacation annually
· Paid Sick Leave
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Health Savings Account (HSA)
· Flexible Savings Arrangement (FSA)
· Employer paid Group Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance.
· Wellness Programs
· 401(K) Savings Plan with Employer Matching Contribution and Annual Base Contribution
· Tuition Reimbursement Program
· Up to 80 Hours Paid Jury Duty Leave
· Paid Bereavement Leave
Please apply on our website at www.pfp.org. To be considered for this position, you must apply on our website and include all of the following documents: Cover Letter, Resume and a People For People Application. Only complete application packets will be considered.
Position will close March 11, 2021 (May remain open until filled)
People For People is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, creed, national origin, disability, sex, marital status, age, or any other protected status covered by the federal or state law. Please let People For People know if you need of a reasonable accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job or to participate in the application process.
People For People is an equal Opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. TTY relay 1-800-833-6388.
People For People
304 West Lincoln Avenue
Yakima, WA 98902